HWPA is a TRUE FAMILY atmosphere. Unlike most studios that will charge you individual rates for multiple siblings, we view it as a true family plan. Instead of charging you for individual hours of dance per week for each student, we group your family as one. For instance, if two siblings each took 1 hour of class per week, we would charge your FAMILY 2 class hours per week for that month giving you the advantage of our built in discounts. Most studios would charge the siblings separately, resulting in full tuition for each student for that month, rather than combining them as siblings into one FAMILY price.
- Parents, when choosing a studio, research and compare apples to apples. Make sure you are getting the very best for your child and your money. Compare rates and all fees associated with studios you are considering.
- Who is teaching your child?
- How much experience does the staff have?
- What is the environment like in that studio?
- What performance opportunities are provided for your child within that studio? More performances
- Does the studio have guest artists come in frequently to teach and give Master Classes?
- Can your child take class in structured recreational atmosphere or how far can they actually go in the performing arts?
Please come by and visit us. Let us give you our answers to these questions. We ask that you give us an opportunity to show you how we are different from everyone else and insure you, that this is the right place for you and your family!
HWPA has THE BEST Children’s Program anywhere around. From ages 3-12 there is a recreational dance class for everyone at all levels of experience in all forms of dance. From weekly recreational dance, to classes within our drama department, to our amazing summer camps. Not to mention our fabulous FAB Kids Program.
The award winning Heather Wayne Dance Company. This 501-C3 not for profit organization was set up in 2005 to offer aspiring artist the opportunity to train and perform in a pre-professional environment from the industry’s leading men and women across the globe. Over the years, HWDC has won countless awards including honors such as Best Choreography, Best in Show, and the Class Act Award, which recognizes this studio as producing the most age appropriate material and costumes. They have competed on the National Levels in places such as Orlando and New York. Not only that, but they have the opportunity to perform at Disney’s Christmas Spectacular Parade in Orlando, Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in New York, even on board Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.
Instead of recreating old classics like some studios do, HWPA produces a Year End Theatrical Production, written by Heather Wayne and Renee Hannah, specifically for the students of this academy. The story is told through our dancers and played out by our actors and actresses. It’s like our very own version of Broadway. Never the same story twice.